SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

DuffMan's Unmute Appeal

Duffman

Steam Account Name: DuffMan
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:92137741

Alternate Accounts: STEAM_

Server Group: SKILL 
Server:  Easy

Date / Time of Ban: 04/05/2019 around 8:20

Admin that Punished You: Stratex

Reason for Ban: Spam in voice/chat

Why I should be unbanned / unmuted: I was on the server for a little, just doing the usual chat with people with some little jokes are thrown back and fourth between people and I randomly get muted along with another person he says in chat duffman your so annoying.. for literally just talking. We both complain in chat as it was a false mute since we literally did nothing... I then say after he unmutes us that im going to take it to the forums as a joke and then some more conversations happen and then I get PERMANENTLY muted and he gets off straight away so I cant ask why or anything... i still have done nothing wrong yet I cannot talk forever. I have been told this admin is not active so maybe he doesn't know how to do his role properly or not but I should definitely not have been perm muted or muted at all

Edited by Duffman

11 minutes ago, Bread said:

you've been getting a lot of punishments lately :thinking:

One punishment and one false punishment :thinking:

3 minutes ago, Bread said:

two is a lot in like a timespan of only 1 week

2 weeks ago and on a different server. where I did nothing to deserver this punishment lmao my other punishment should not be brought up

11 minutes ago, Duffman said:

2 weeks ago and on a different server. where I did nothing to deserver this punishment lmao my other punishment should not be brought up

I mean your other punishment is supporting information to deduce your general demeanor on the servers really. It helps in these cases as judgements can be made, taking it into account. Your history does not just dissapear, we must all live with our mistakes :)

2 minutes ago, Sorrow [Not The Admin] said:

I mean your other punishment is supporting information to deduce your general demeanor on the servers really. It helps in these cases as judgements can be made, taking it into account. Your history does not just dissapear, we must all live with our mistakes :)

A mistake does not represent how someone acts... it is a mistake. the point of this thread is to get rid of a permanent mute that was given to me for doing NOTHING wrong. not bring up ONE mistake from my like 2 years playing here which does not instantly make this mute valid

34 minutes ago, Duffman said:

A mistake does not represent how someone acts... it is a mistake. the point of this thread is to get rid of a permanent mute that was given to me for doing NOTHING wrong. not bring up ONE mistake from my like 2 years playing here which does not instantly make this mute valid

No one said that this mute is valid or invalid. We do make mistakes, but whether we were in a bad place or some other reason that caused us to do what we did, we still did the actions or made the decision that led to that mistake. Therefore judgments are made considering that mistake just like anything else, people will take into consideration that it was a mistake and he/she is regretful of what they did, but it doesn't void the impression it made on the community towards you. That is all I'm saying, advocating to "sweep it under the rug" isn't exactly a mature thing to do and at least for now, it will affect some things you do in the short term. As for bringing it up again, that is a perfectly acceptable thing to do, it is relevant, as any consideration to remove a current punishment does take into account your past punishment history, where frequency is an important factor. I don't approve or disapprove of how it was brought up, but the simple fact is relevant to the thread, I hope you agree with me.

15 minutes ago, Sorrow [Not The Admin] said:

No one said that this mute is valid or invalid. We do make mistakes, but whether we were in a bad place or some other reason that caused us to do what we did, we still did the actions or made the decision that led to that mistake. Therefore judgments are made considering that mistake just like anything else, people will take into consideration that it was a mistake and he/she is regretful of what they did, but it doesn't void the impression it made on the community towards you. That is all I'm saying, advocating to "sweep it under the rug" isn't exactly a mature thing to do and at least for now, it will affect some things you do in the short term. As for bringing it up again, that is a perfectly acceptable thing to do, it is relevant, as any consideration to remove a current punishment does take into account your past punishment history, where frequency is an important factor. I don't approve or disapprove of how it was brought up, but the simple fact is relevant to the thread, I hope you agree with me.

sure it can be brought up and it should normally play a factor in whether or not some when gets unmuted but the fact is i did NOTHING wrong to even receive a mute in the first place.the people on the server agreed I shouldn't have been muted and they didn't even know a reason for me to get a mute. The person who muted me just put in a reason which was not true.. I was just talking which isn't spam. when he muted me he said in chat duffman your so annoying or something like that... me being annoying to him is not a valid reason to mute me

Edited by Duffman

17 minutes ago, Duffman said:

sure it can be brought up and it should normally play a factor in whether or not some when gets unmuted but the fact is i did NOTHING wrong to even receive a mute in the first place.the people on the server agreed I shouldn't have been muted and they didn't even know a reason for me to get a mute. The person who muted me just put in a reason which was not true.. I was just talking which isn't spam.

Your mistake in the past was not the current mute, no one said the past punishment was this one.

1 minute ago, Sorrow [Not The Admin] said:

Your mistake in the past was not the current mute, no one said the past punishment was this one.

so why does it need to be brought up when this mute was completely false? it doesnt

2 minutes ago, Duffman said:

so why does it need to be brought up when this mute was completely false? it doesnt

Because you claim that the mute was false. We cannot just take your word for it, it's like an accused murderer telling the judge that he didn't do it, and expecting to just be deemed not guilty just cause he said he wasn't guilty. We need evidence, that is how an unban/unmute appeal is dealt with. Therefore your previous punishment was brought up, it helps put all the relevant evidence and information into the one thread. I'm sorry if you were falsely muted, and if it is proven that you are in the right, then that admin/mod will be dealt with accordingly. 

19 minutes ago, Sorrow [Not The Admin] said:

Because you claim that the mute was false. We cannot just take your word for it, it's like an accused murderer telling the judge that he didn't do it, and expecting to just be deemed not guilty just cause he said he wasn't guilty. We need evidence, that is how an unban/unmute appeal is dealt with. Therefore your previous punishment was brought up, it helps put all the relevant evidence and information into the one thread. I'm sorry if you were falsely muted, and if it is proven that you are in the right, then that admin/mod will be dealt with accordingly. 

It is not anything like an accused murderer telling the judge he didn’t do it lmao... I can’t even think of one thing that would lead to someone deserving a permanent mute... let alone going straight to a perm mute. There are constantly people going on the servers and getting 5-15 min mute for extreme cases of mic spam and for me to get a perm mute for an accused voice/chat spam which I did not do by an inactive admin is completely wrong

Just now, Duffman said:

It is not anything like an accused murderer telling the judge he didn’t do it lmao... I can’t even think of one thing that would lead to someone deserving a permanent mute... let alone going straight to a perm mute. There are constantly people going on the servers and getting 5-15 min mute for extreme cases of mic spam and for me to get a perm mute for an accused voice/chat spam which I did not do by an inactive admin is completely wrong

This is the internet, we cannot simply take your word for what happened, you need to understand that. Likewise it's an analogy, it is intended to demonstrate the cause and effect of your situation :)

10 minutes ago, Sorrow [Not The Admin] said:

This is the internet, we cannot simply take your word for what happened, you need to understand that. Likewise it's an analogy, it is intended to demonstrate the cause and effect of your situation :)

What I am trying to say is even if I did do what I am being accused of, which I didn’t.... it would and should not be a permanent mute lmao

Just now, Duffman said:

What I am trying to say is even if I did do what I am being accused of, which I didn’t.... it would and should not be a permanent mute lmao

Well that is quite evident if you are making an un mute appeal generally. Its assumed you disagree with the prescribed action/punishment. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm not saying I agree or disagree with it, because there simply is a lack of evidence to prove either side of the claim.

Well that is quite evident if you are making an un mute appeal generally. Its assumed you disagree with the prescribed action/punishment. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm not saying I agree or disagree with it, because there simply is a lack of evidence to prove either side of the claim.

Well as I said earlier people who mass mic spam don’t even get perms mutes, and anyone on that server at the time I’ve my mute would say I did not mic spam AT ALL. There is no evidence on both sides so shouldn’t it be innocent till proven guilty? Right now I am being punished for doing nothing since there is no evidence on either side

Just now, Duffman said:

Well as I said earlier people who mass mic spam don’t even get perms mutes, and anyone on that server at the time I’ve my mute would say I did not mic spam AT ALL. There is no evidence on both sides so shouldn’t it be innocent till proven guilty? Right now I am being punished for doing nothing since there is no evidence on either side

How each admin decides to give out the first mute and its duration is dependent on the admins judgement. While we may not all agree with their decision,  they are the staff and should be respected like any other player. If someone has a disagreement with what they did, that is what the appeals are for which you are doing now. Mutes are given out based on what has happened at the time, if he abused his perms and muted you for nothing, then once that is proven, he will bear punishment. Until that is proved.

How each admin decides to give out the first mute and its duration is dependent on the admins judgement. While we may not all agree with their decision,  they are the staff and should be respected like any other player. If someone has a disagreement with what they did, that is what the appeals are for which you are doing now. Mutes are given out based on what has happened at the time, if he abused his perms and muted you for nothing, then once that is proven, he will bear punishment. Until that is proved.

I’m not even gonna argue with you anymore lmao you don’t get my point so nothing in this conversation is going to change

Just now, Duffman said:

I’m not even gonna argue with you anymore lmao you don’t get my point so nothing in this conversation is going to change

Your decision buddy ^^

4 hours ago, Bread said:

woah, he got to member for creating his 2 topics and complaining on them.

OK this is irrelevant and should not have been posted. 

I don't think a perm mute should have been handed out, but I do agree with you being muted. Personally I think it should be a reduced to a certain amount of days and such. This is all depends on the admin and big man. Your attitude is quite poor, with you constantly arguing with someone trying to help you. You remind me as the type of person who would make an excuse for everything.

As stated above the mute should be shortened to a couple days or such, considering his history. 

• Like 1

I beat dark souls and dark souls 3 ng+5 = Me big dick

cherry blossom sakura GIF

On 07/05/2019 at 10:17 AM, zerotwo said:

I don't think a perm mute should have been handed out, but I do agree with you being muted. Personally I think it should be a reduced to a certain amount of days and such. This is all depends on the admin and big man. Your attitude is quite poor, with you constantly arguing with someone trying to help you. You remind me as the type of person who would make an excuse for everything.

As stated above the mute should be shortened to a couple days or such, considering his history. 

You’re saying you agree I should have been muted when I did nothing wrong in the first place, the mute has been lifted allready but I don’t understand why you are saying I should Be muted... I still have yet to hear from the inactive staff member that muted me. So maybe he should be dealt with. I have done nothing wrong

• Nyalon locked this topic