SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Retakes map rotation/newmaps

disfknguy

retakes gets real stale after a while of the mirage>d2>mirage>ferno>mirage>mirage meta

what are the chances of getting just 1 of the servers (ideally #1) changed to either alternative maps only (no d2/mirage/ferno) or having some kind of set rotation so that people arent joining the server, voting mirage, then leaving after 5 rounds

also it's been addressed in earlier posts - but why no vertigo? only excuse i can see is that it takes time to add spawn points - a cursory google yields many results for this already being done?

plenty of regulars on the retakes servers would agree with these changes

• Like 2
  • Banana Time 1

Personally I think this would be a great idea as playing Mirage Over and Over again is just boring, I think this needs to happen as Mirage will continue to be the "favoured" map until something like this is done.

Stratz9480 :D

Agree with vertigo add in. It is a competitive map.

With the rest of the maps, those are the most played maps in the game. Mirage is the most popular with Dust 2 pretty much the same but it's harder to retake. If say a new server was implemented with only overpass, cache, nuke, vertigo etc., they won't be as populated as a regular retake server because they aren't the most popular maps. Still a great idea though.

Edit: Would replace for #6 cos it sucks.

+rep

What a nice suggestion ! True, that's only mirage, inferno, dust 2 been played on retake #1 .
???

Λ(遠゚ニ)

• 3 months later...

Considering the above, do you still wish to go with the server that doesn't have d2/inf/mir? 

If so, it might not be best to have it on #1 (Don't want new players joining and thinking our servers are missing the most popular maps).  

Also, mirage's prominence on our servers likely stems from it being the default map.

Management

Discord - Diamond#7161 | Steam - Diiam0nd

POG

Yeh i'd be keen for that, I'm sure other would too

if its not #1 thats sweet, just so long as it has forced rate (#2-#6 dont enforce 128 updaterate/cmdrate - makes rego a bit random)

Well done to all involved and a big thank you