SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Casual Competitive Map Pool

panthA

Hey

Just wondering if KZG was open to revising the map pool for the Casual competitive server. At the moment it is current possible to have no maps from the active duty group in a 5 choice map pool.

The maps I could suggest removing would be those out of the Active Duty and less popular e.g. Italy, Aztec, Dust(CSS) ect.

Alternatively, something like UMC3 could allow for a Category style system to allow for an Active Duty and Reserves groupings. This would allow players who specifically want to play maps like Office to still be able to vote for them. Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure how this would work along side SM's current map system.

UMC3 can offer what they are calling map weighing. To use the same example above - Putting the active duty and reserve maps into their respective groups and adding a heigher weight to the active duty category could give a higher chance of seeing maps like Cache, Dust2, Mirage, Overpass, Train, Nuke and Cobblestone than maps like Aztec, Italy, Dust(CSS) Assault.

Although this gives an advantage over the reserves which also includes a favourite, Inferno, (I have not tested) they claim to be able to set individual weights alongside this as well. Giving the server favourites a more likely chance of appearing the the voting but also giving a chance to maps like Office.

panthA

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search