SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Point Decay System

Chawee

Hello, I would like to address an issue with the point system, From what I can see, there is no point decay for not being active on the servers. I first notice this when players with 0% activity have not lost any points yet and this causes the leader boards to be polluted with players that simply don't play but still have a rank on the server. 

-that down arrow is from their last session 

(this is from 1v1 server, There are more players just using these as examples)

Introducing a point decay system will help active players climbing the leader board since there is no longer players in high ranks or lows ranks holding their position without doing anything.

From what I have observed, every 33% activity that you have lost is equivalently to one week of inactivity. I reckon the point system should kick in around 66-67% activity which is around 2 weeks. The amount of point decay is up to the staff of KZG. Regaining activity isn't hard either because it only requires the player to be on for under a minute to regain 100% which is another issue because it make players such as admins seem active when they are not but that's another issue.

Thanks for reading. 

Chawee.

-  MINIGAMES  -                                                                                 -  1v1  -

scoutz has a rank reset every so often which combats this issue. it can be depressing losing all your points if u r an active player so decay would be better but it's just an idea.

58aaab5ad2b8e_PCBackground(2).thumb.jpg.8bd9372f51aeb9ac207795f05a608092.jpg

+1 for decay system. It doesn't bother me personally either way because I'm too bad for rank to matter to me :^) But it doesn't make sense for someone who hasn't played for a month (as an example) to hold their points and position that they left with.

Talk to me wth

I don't really see the point of having decay, if they're inactive in time people will get more points overtime and this will have no impact on anything. But I mean I don't know, active players go on holidays gets point decay etc bit of a pain. The people that earned the points deserve to be on the leader boards in my opinion.

if you dog the boys you're invited to be my coffin bearer just so you can let me down one last fucking time cunt

I can agree that an inactive system maybe needed but I don't think it should be aggressive. Players like @Ay_Papi said may go on holidays or take a small break from CS:GO for a week or 2 and find they have lost all their points on KZG and could drive players who aren't daily users away from the community. instead we should be trying to bring players in.

If it could start at players with UNDER 50% activity and but never allow players to go under a certain % of their current points, it could allow for the best of both worlds.

Good points @panthA and @Ay_Papi
It would be forcing players to consistently play if they wanna keep their rank. So I think it's a bit harsh. A lot of people wouldn't be bothered with the server every second of the day, meaning people would just leave and find a new server, that's not what we want.

'panthA' wrote:
I can agree that an inactive system maybe needed but I don't think it should be aggressive. Players like @Ay_Papi said may go on holidays or take a small break from CS:GO for a week or 2 and find they have lost all their points on KZG and could drive players who aren't daily users away from the community. instead we should be trying to bring players in.

If it could start at players with UNDER 50% activity and but never allow players to go under a certain % of their current points, it could allow for the best of both worlds.

'ItsRyan' wrote:
It would be forcing players to consistently play if they wanna keep their rank. So I think it's a bit harsh. A lot of people wouldn't be bothered with the server every second of the day, meaning people would just leave and find a new server, that's not what we want.

The fact is that it doesn't take any time at all to reset your activity to 100%. It only requires you to reconnect to the server and you can immediately disconnect and you can have 100% again
                                   -  MINIGAMES  -                                                                                 -  1v1  -

'Chawee' wrote:
panthA wrote:

'ItsRyan' wrote:

The fact is that it doesn't take any time at all to reset your activity to 100%. It only requires you to reconnect to the server and you can immediately disconnect and you can have 100% again

I'm not sure that it's a bad thing. Like I said, if the decay system was developed with a low activity level and it took you days/weeks to build up that activity level if you were to go on a holiday for E.G 2 weeks. You come back and it takes you a further 2 weeks to gain your 100% activity back, you may lose points WHILE playing on the server. It would prove to be a simple way of insuring that IF you are playing on the server, be it once a day, once a week or once a fortnight, you are still Active on the server and SHOULDN'T lose points. The problem lies with players who haven't logged into or played on the server in over a month and have no expectation of returning retaining their points in full.

I feel like the people that join and play our servers should have their mark kept, it does no harm what so ever keeping their points here, it just makes it harder for you guys to get to their ranks.

if you dog the boys you're invited to be my coffin bearer just so you can let me down one last fucking time cunt

'Ay_Papi' wrote:
I feel like the people that join and play our servers should have their mark kept, it does no harm what so ever keeping their points here, it just makes it harder for you guys to get to their ranks.
Im with Papi for not implementing this, as the people that have spent loads of time previously shouldnt have there achievement wiped for not playing later on. It also keeps something to strive for to become number 1 and you know it will be there for aslong as it takes for someone to overtake you!

A Fossil of the past

U9bsnjc.gif

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search