SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Teleport protection Removal

censor

The overall idea of adding a 2s teleport protection is ridiculous. Players are abusing the protection on basically every map, which results in rounds where no teams are actually winning. Surf has never had this protection as it ruins the gamemode, and yes people will telecamp but thats why you have admins. 

The plugin is new and everyone's just adjusting to it. Personally i think it's the best plugin added as it gets rid of 99% of the telecamp's

It's much easier to tell when someone's abusing by repeatedly flying in and out of the teleports, notably the jail's in  surf_utopia_v3_  and eqypt and Ski_Go jail to an extent.

I don't really see how the plugin ruins the gamemode. What part of 2second protection coming out of a teleporter so you don't get telecamped, ruins the gamemode? If  your meaning people abusing the plugin ruins the gamemode, will that can happen for any and all plugins on any server which we have rules agasint.

Glitching/Exploiting maps, plugins or server features is not allowed and is punishable.

Delaying rounds purposely is punishable by death. Continuing to delay rounds once told not to will most likely result in a suspension.

Record evidence of players (record demo in console / or shadowplay) doing this and  we can give appropriate warnings/punishments.

4 hours ago, censor said:

The overall idea of adding a 2s teleport protection is ridiculous. Players are abusing the protection on basically every map, which results in rounds where no teams are actually winning. Surf has never had this protection as it ruins the gamemode, and yes people will telecamp but thats why you have admins. 

It's actually one and a half seconds and yes this is just testing. Soon I'll look at swapping it for a zone system, so teleport protection won't effect every single teleport and will auto remove godmode when they leave the zone or when the timer runs out - example dust2 jail

• Thanks 1

I understand the principal of why it was added, and how it intends on stopping tele-camping. However it has more flaws than highs as, and as the basis for the whole community majority do not like it at all and in the end i feel like that's what matters. Consulting the active community on combat surf is the best way to go about adding a new plugin that changes the game and the pace of play. When i first became a member of this community I insisted that 100% awp accuracy was added, however at the time i asked many of the active members if they would prefer that, with their experience from other servers, to this the majority said yes, and that is why the plugin is still added with minimal complaints. The God-Mode plugin has seek complaints on a daily basis as no-one was informed and it was added without question.

If a public vote was to be put up about the plugin for active surf members to vote, without a doubt they would want it removed.

example: The jail boost for Dust_2_overcore allows a player to go from jail, to short without taking any damage, seems quite ridiculous.

This plugin minimally prevents tele-camping as people can simply shoot at you with rifles upon coming through the teleporter, applying a slow then making it harder to move and unable to kill the other person, afterall it is only 1.5 seconds and people are brought to believe tele-camping is completely gone when it really isn't.

As a regular of kzg combat surf and surf in general i'm well aware of tele-camping being an issue, however it is very minor. Addressing the issue in such a that gives the "follower" an advantage makes no sense. 

Coming through a teleporter later than someone else should never automatically give you the single hand win over the duel.

Dandy brings up some OK points.

1. A handy vote would give us some numbers on how many think it's better or worse

2. The 1.5second giving people an advantage on dust 2 ramp a site, would be alleviated with the zoning in skyprah's previous message.

3. You're right telecamping isn't completely gone. If someone still sprays you as you come out, it can slow you done. Which could be a issue. I wouldn't of thought there is a way to avoid the slowdown. But whether the plugin was added or not, that's still telecamping and without the plugin you'd be dead more often than not.

4. The problem with following someone through a teleporter is, most people were telecamping the portal once they came through regardless if they knew someone was following. And just assuming they were following. That's what the key issue was. Personally i have no issues if i directly followed behind someone and got shot as i came through, as it's a continuation of the battle. But  that rule relies on everyone being truthful and upfront to whether they were following them, then if the attacker was wrong slaying themselves. It relied on a trust factor that the server doesn't have. That's why the 1.5second God mode was added.

The telecamping issue was not minor. It was a major issue. When i play i would hear constantly "you are telecamping x person" , since the plugin was added i  hear people less often  complaining about this new plugin than telecamping.

Overall there is pros and cons, i fell the the pros easily outweigh the cons. This plugin doesn't affect my gameplay. I rarely used the following rule to my advantage as i felt giving someone a fair chance was more fun personally as i like to hold a higher integrity to fairness.

Would love to hear your points or any rebuttles thanks.

The reason that the server has been mostly negative about the new plugin is it stops them tele camping which is something almost every single player on the server does, if we gave a vote to the community it would likely be remove the protective because it is effectively ending telecamping which some players dont want. We dp have some problems with it like having godmode when you have already boosted away from the tele and being able to spam the player when they exit to slow them, but these are things that can be handled with zoning like skyprah meantioned above and any player that does spam a player to slow them under god mode IS telecamping and will be slain regardless.

Also this is something that the entire staff team for the server has been thinking about and has requested for a long time, it stops almost all instances of telecamping which is the number one rule broken on the server the most before we added this plugin. We would usally listen to the community regarding new additions to the server if it was regarding gameplay or plugins for enjoyment but this plugin was added purely to stop players breaking rules. If we ran a community vote for this it would be heavily biased from our regular players because, to be frank most our player base doesnt respect and follow the rules of the server.

On 12/20/2017 at 5:05 PM, skyprah said:

It's actually one and a half seconds and yes this is just testing. Soon I'll look at swapping it for a zone system, so teleport protection won't effect every single teleport and will auto remove godmode when they leave the zone or when the timer runs out - example dust2 jail

Please dont swap it for a zone system

58 minutes ago, MuzzLightYer said:

Please dont swap it for a zone system

Maybe you fully don't understand what I'm saying. You still have the timer in the zone.. so it still runs out after a second even if you remain in the zone. Except unlike the current plugin it'll auto remove if you leave the zone. Not sure how you think that is worse.

1 hour ago, skyprah said:

Maybe you fully don't understand what I'm saying. You still have the timer in the zone.. so it still runs out after a second even if you remain in the zone. Except unlike the current plugin it'll auto remove if you leave the zone. Not sure how you think that is worse.

The only problem with the system now is once theyve shot they still have the god mod and when in god mode and getting shot youre slowed the zones will just mess the 1.5 seconds thing but this is my option.

15 minutes ago, skyprah said:

I don' really understand what you mewan. You want someone's godmode removed if they shoot?

So once someone in godmode shoots at you they still have god mode giving the person with godmode an unfair advantage. From what ive gathered from playing on the server once someone has shot at you youre allowed to shoot back. But with godmode you cant shoot back. This does happen all the time.

The point is for gameplay to flow continuously without the person going in first to camp the teleported which is the usual outcome. I don' see how you think my zone suggestion is worse when it's going to be an improvement to the current plugin. I do agree that removing the godmode of someone shooting is fair.

29 minutes ago, skyprah said:

The point is for gameplay to flow continuously without the person going in first to camp the teleported which is the usual outcome. I don' see how you think my zone suggestion is worse when it's going to be an improvement to the current plugin. I do agree that removing the godmode of someone shooting is fair.

its more opinionated. A zone wont change anything it will only restrict people from moving around and actualy playing the game for that little bit longer.

54 minutes ago, MuzzLightYer said:

its more opinionated. A zone wont change anything it will only restrict people from moving around and actualy playing the game for that little bit longer.

You do realize when I say zone I refer to an invisible area pre selected by myself. Example would be the dust2 jail, as soon as you left the jail area (zone) with the boost you'd lose your god mode immediately. If you stayed in the zone for 1.5 seconds you'd be immune. If you shot, you'd lose your god mode earlier than 1.5 seconds. Also the benefit of the zone system over the plugin is you can literally put it where you want it instead of the current plugin which automatically applies it to every teleporter. So with the zone system if we didnt want god mode in the dust2 jail then it's simply just not zoned. Add it to the CT and T spawn tower to prevent players camping there.

I don't personally see an issue with that, I see more of an issue with people telecamping and sitting there waiting for someone to come through. I think people just like to complain about something because they died.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2017 at 2:01 PM, skyprah said:

You do realize when I say zone I refer to an invisible area pre selected by myself. Example would be the dust2 jail, as soon as you left the jail area (zone) with the boost you'd lose your god mode immediately. If you stayed in the zone for 1.5 seconds you'd be immune. If you shot, you'd lose your god mode earlier than 1.5 seconds. Also the benefit of the zone system over the plugin is you can literally put it where you want it instead of the current plugin which automatically applies it to every teleporter. So with the zone system if we didnt want god mode in the dust2 jail then it's simply just not zoned. Add it to the CT and T spawn tower to prevent players camping there.

I don't personally see an issue with that, I see more of an issue with people telecamping and sitting there waiting for someone to come through. I think people just like to complain about something because they died.

See using your example people will need to stay in jail for that 1.5 seconds to actullay use the god mode fully thus delaying the game. This is not the best example but you get my point?

This is just my point of view but i guess the admins can do a vote or you can test in for a week and see how it goes.

13 minutes ago, MuzzLightYer said:

See using your example people will need to stay in jail for that 1.5 seconds to actullay use the god mode fully thus delaying the game. This is not the best example but you get my point?

This is just my point of view but i guess the admins can do a vote or you can test in for a week and see how it goes.

I personally don't see how it's going to delay the game. It seems like that you're referring to dust2 jail as most other jails there is no way to exit quicker than 1.5 seconds. The server rules state that you cannot camp teleporters, sometimes these rules are broken. Using an advantage on the player going through the teleporter for a second encourages players to move away from the teleporter and not camp. Using zones instead of the current plugin allows us to to pinpoint the worst offending areas and apply the second of god mode there instead of across the whole map.

Why should the follower (on any map) gain an advantage on the one they are following? This is the case with every teleporter and its stupid...

I also agree that it doesn't delay the round enough to include it as a reason for its removal.

My suggestion stands of an ingame vote whether the community wants to keep the plugin or not. Kinda like you have the join KZG group at the start of a member joining.

Edited by Dandy

1 hour ago, Dandy said:

Why should the follower (on any map) gain an advantage on the one they are following?

The whole point of following someone is because they don't know you're behind them and you can kill them without them attacking you. It's the number 1 tactic in any combat situation to gain an advantage.

Following players can also reduce the time on each rounds and prevent people from delaying which is a pain in the ass to watch, but luckily in rebel resistance I believe theres a 2 minute timer.

• 11 months later...