SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

[MORDHAU] Malikov's Unban Appeal

Malikov

What was your IGN (Steam Name) at the time of the punishment: Malikov
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:77943667
Smurfs/ accounts you have association with that may be attached to the punishment: None
KZG | Steam ID Finder Link: 
Discord Handle: Malikov#7758

What server group / server did you receive the punishment on? MORDHAU
What server did you receive the punishment on? Duels 1

What staff member issued the punishment: KZG. Duke

Ban Reason: Mass FFA

Why should I be unbanned / unmuted: I didnt FFA anyone. Duke abuses his admin powers and FFAs people on the server and when you protest or kill him back he bans you. He has done the same thing to multiple people including me before on other servers. He should not be an admin on KZG servers because he is a toxic individual. If you check his ban history you can see how he abuses it. I have been playing on KZG servers for over a year and most admins are friendly people who would warn people before giving a ban but Duke is known throughout the Mordhau community as a power tripping child. I would like to request his admin privileges be revoked. He banned me once before killing him in a duel but I didn't complain as I didn't think anything would come of it but this is the second time he has banned me for no reason. There aren't many duel servers populated in Australia and being banned from the most popular one because of one bad admin is not fair. As you can see in the clip a lot of people including me are just messing around. I didn't FFA anyone in the clip or before it and were infact being FFA'd by the player known as Wingsuit Wombat who complained about us FFAing. I am probably one of 5 or more to be banned but I doubt the rest will take the effort to register an account, upload a video and fill out an application complaining about the KZG Duke. Please don't let people like Duke what is one of the best gaming communities I am a part of.

Do you have an evidence that may prove your case: YES, https://youtu.be/KdDgDk1X9Vg

• Bot

Hi Malikov,

A member of the Management Team will look in to your Unmute / Unban Appeal.

In the mean time please wait for a response from someone on the team.

The Unmute / Unban Appeal process usually takes 1 week.

DO NOT try to bump this post and / or harass a member of the staff team to have a look at your application.

- Killzone Gaming Management

Hey mate, 

The evidence you have provided doesn't outline any abuse to me. Your clip of 2 minutes of 35 seconds shows that there were a bunch of "grugs" FFA'ing and being a nuisance. One of the members then killed Duke and you call proceeded to stand on his body and taunt. It was clear that Wingsuit (player) was also in the wrong and was also kicked/banned along side you and the others. 

Too me this is not a case of admin abuse and I believe you need to ride out the ban length. 

tenor.gif

Hi Malikov, 

Before you started recording, as you will recall, the group of you attacked me without provocation shortly after I had joined. 

When you congregated again, another player came to assist me. I then made the decision to assist the other player as it was then clear to me that you had been disturbing the other players. 

In the video, I flourished you in good-faith but it was clear what you were there to do. 

As it was clear that you had no intention of stopping, I made the decision to give each of you 120 minutes. 

Duke

Hi Malikov,

I've reviewed the video you provided and also the ban leveled against you, I note that the ban was for 2 hours.

I believe Duke took the correct course of action against yourself and the others you were congregating with.

I understand this is not the outcome you are after but again, the action taken by Duke is the correct one.

In the video Duke make an intention to duel YOU, not a group of similar players whose intention appeared to be FFA if one of them initiated a duel.

By the time you see this (even by the time I saw the appeal) your ban will have expired.

It was a 2 hour ban, the purpose of this unban appeal was to bring the whole situation to the attention of other KZG Mods. Was it fair to ban other players who were FFA'ing? Yes it was but it wasn't fair to ban me. I wasn't "disturbing the other players" I was just standing around and watching what happened. Duke stated that I attacked him, can you show me any footage of me attacking you? Please do or withdraw that accusation. All I did was stand around and do emotes. Flourishing is not an act of "good faith" it means lets duel which is why i didn't flourish back. Not flourishing does not mean i was going to attack you. I didn't attack you once. How does that mean it was clear what i was there to do? You are no mind reader. I emoted and you pulled out your gun and started shooting. If the others killed you then I can understand killing them but I did not attack anyone., I even asked you in the chat why did you FFA me. You did not respond. Please read the chat log in the clip. I didn't attack anyone other than Wingsuit Wombat who was FFAing me and the other guys with the same caveman cosplay. All I did was do emotes and I was killed by Duke for no reason twice. I wasn't going to attack him and didn't do that before. Since FFAing is against the server rules and that is exactly what Duke did to me I want to know why he doesn't have to follow the same rules as every other player. On top of that he kicked me and then banned me for Mass FFA which I was not a part of. All I did was meme around with other players who had the same cosplay as me. I even did the shake finger no emote at Duke as you can see in the clip which meant i wont attack you dont kill me and he killed me after that. This is not the first time Duke has banned people unfairly. He does not communicate anything, I asked him why he FFA'd me. If he typed out anything like in his response in this thread I would have left to the other side of the map because I know how ban happy Duke is. However he did not do that. The abuse highlighted in the clip is of a KZG mod FFA'ing me twice and then banning me for something I did not do. Short of abusing me in the chat I can't think of a bigger abuse of his admin powers.  Loosey you say that Duke made an intention to duel me, I did not flourish back at him. That means I did not want to duel him. I saw the other caveman walking towards him with their arms out so I decided to join in on the meme. That is what the game is about isn't it? Having fun? I broke no server rules, I did not "taunt" him. I was protesting him FFAing me, I could have tried to attack him but I didn't. The fair thing to do would be to acknowledge that Duke made a mistake by banning me. I am one of hundreds of players who play on your servers, I don't break the server rules or abuse anyone but I was treated unfairly. All I ask for is an acknowledgment that Duke was in the wrong and for him to be reprimanded for banning people for no reason or at least talked to. Am i not a part of the community mods are supposed to help and look out for? Who is going to look out for me?

Hey mate,

I get it, it can be frustrating I know, but you have to see it through his eyes. 

21 minutes ago, Malikov said:

it was but it wasn't fair to ban me. I wasn't "disturbing the other players" I was just standing around and watching what happened.

I would have done this same thing Duke did. He saw a mass gathering of people in the same outfits. He just joined the server and walked into that! I don't blame Duke at all for what he did. 

I emoted and you pulled out your gun and started shooting.

He started shooting because the people behind you were ffaing and you got caught in the cross fire. Honestly, if I saw a group of people ffaing all wearing the same outfit, standing in the same place, I would have probably done something similar. There is no context for Duke. He walks in and see that.. 

I saw the other caveman walking towards him with

You just proved my point. You were grouped. I understand you didn't FFA, I get it. But you have to see it from our perspective. 

All I ask for is an acknowledgment that Duke was in the wrong and for him to be reprimanded for banning people for no reason or at least talked to.

Duke is a fair and reasonable admin. He puts alot of effort into the things he does. Now only Loosey can make that call. While I understand you may be mad about things, in my opinion Duke wasn't out of line at all. He made a judgement call and a fair one at that. 

TLDR: You were grouped by outfit, there was mass FFA and server rule breaking by the people you were outfitted with. You were banned. Which sucks, I know. But I don't blame Duke. It was a 2 hour ban. Duke is always fair and reasonable. I have never heard of anyone complaining about him ever before. On any server. 

This is also my own opinion.

tenor.gif

Hey Malikov,

I appreciate your time in writing up that response (and the initial report of course).

Majin outlined it all very well so I won't rehash the same points to you.

I understand the frustration that comes with being banned, especially if it feels unfair. You can personally reach out to me in the future if you like (either discord or steam, they should be linked to my forums account).

I won't be reprimanding Duke for his actions as I believe they were fully justified and the punishment applied was within reason. I hope you can understand and accept this but if you still feel this is unfair please reach out to me for further discussion.

Thanks again for your time in writing all of this up, I know it's not the result you're after though.

Hey mate,

I get it, it can be frustrating I know, but you have to see it through his eyes. 

I would have done this same thing Duke did. He saw a mass gathering of people in the same outfits. He just joined the server and walked into that! I don't blame Duke at all for what he did. 

He started shooting because the people behind you were ffaing and you got caught in the cross fire. Honestly, if I saw a group of people ffaing all wearing the same outfit, standing in the same place, I would have probably done something similar. There is no context for Duke. He walks in and see that.. 

You just proved my point. You were grouped. I understand you didn't FFA, I get it. But you have to see it from our perspective. 

Duke is a fair and reasonable admin. He puts alot of effort into the things he does. Now only Loosey can make that call. While I understand you may be mad about things, in my opinion Duke wasn't out of line at all. He made a judgement call and a fair one at that. 

TLDR: You were grouped by outfit, there was mass FFA and server rule breaking by the people you were outfitted with. You were banned. Which sucks, I know. But I don't blame Duke. It was a 2 hour ban. Duke is always fair and reasonable. I have never heard of anyone complaining about him ever before. On any server. 

This is also my own opinion.

Firstly he didnt just join the server and get ambushed by cavemen he was there for at least 5 minutes before that. I didn't get hit by some crossfire he was deliberately aiming at me first and missed the first time but hit me the second time. Then he went for the other cavemen, he aimed at me first. All of this is in the clip on youtube.

I was not grouped with anybody I was just dressed in the same cosplay and thought it would be funny to do the same emotes as them. Also I do not believe there was Mass FFA at all. I believe it was Wingsuit Wombat who was FFAing people and blaming it on the group of cavemen. I don't know if they FFA'd duke before I met them but from my point of view it was Duke using his pistol to instigate the FFA. If somebody flourishes you and you don't flourish back does that automatically mean you were going to FFA them so they get to FFA you? That makes no sense. I understand that Duke is your friend Majinpoo but how can you deny that I was not FFA'd in the clip. Not once but twice at that. That is bad enough on its own but then to ban me on top of that is a gross misuse of his power. There should be accountability. 

Duke is not fair and he is not reasonable. If he was he would have given at least one warning before banning people as all the other good admins on KZG do. They understand that most people are just messing around, having fun and pushing their luck. If those admins can give warnings to people FFAing why cant he warn me if he suspects me of FFAing which I did not do. Again this is not the first time he has done things like this. I have spoken to a few other players who complained about Duke on Zion servers. He is too immature to be an admin. I have been speaking to Duke on discord for over an hour and a half now and he refuses to accept he could have done anything better or admit any fault. He claims i am smearing and abusing him when I post a clip and state the facts of what happened to me. 

I am not mad about anything other than following a set of rules set by the server for months but when it comes to mods those same rules don't apply. How is that fair? If I attacked Duke at any point after he killed me the first time he would have been justified but I did not do that because I did not FFA. Also why was I not warned after I asked him why he FFA'd me in chat? Is it okay for Mods to just ban indiscriminately without warning?  Please be aware that i am the vocal minority of the people who have been wronged by Duke. There are many others that have similar stories. If you believe me to just be some untrustworthy person who is lying than ask players such as VinhDT or Paratheus about me, both were or are KZG mods. They will tell you that I am a trustworthy and honest person. Again all I ask is for Duke to admit he was wrong to FFA and Ban me without any provocation and for him to face any consequences as a result of that. I am sure the facts and the video proof of all of this will be sufficient to prove my point.

This is starting to feel like a tirade on Duke instead of addressing the issue that was first presented. 

Like LooseyGooseyGod (Mordhau Head Admin) said, and also myself, Duke is an upstanding admin. We have trust in him. 

Loosey is the man to speak with since he is running the show and has opened a few other avenues of getting in contact with him.

tenor.gif

Hi Malikov, 

In closing -

- You were not there to duel. 
- You both identified with and encouraged anti-social behaviour on the server.
- I had reasonable grounds to believe that breaches of sever rules were imminent and discharged the 1411 to deter you from continuing your course of conduct. 
- Your group nevertheless persisted in a course of conduct contrary to server rules and you were banned for your participation in that group despite not taking a swing at me. 

I understand why you are upset, you believe that it was wrong of me to shoot you as you had not flourished me. With respect, that is a reductive view of the surrounding circumstances. 

Administrators are entitled to use the 1411 to break up anti-social players and this was the logic which informed my decision to shoot you at first instance. I had reasonable grounds to believe that I was going to be unpleasantly attacked/harassed in game and took action to prevent that from occurring. 

Having addressed the shooting, I move to address your ban.

The law's standard is to impose liability on those that intentionally assist, encourage or direct the commission of an offence or those who enter into an agreement to commit one where the complicit person is aware of the probable outcome (being the commission of the offence). This applies regardless of whether you realise that the facts constitute an offence (very relevant to your argument). You have admitted that the group was an FFA group and this is relevant to the extension of liability which I applied to you as everything was unfolding.

54321.thumb.png.3df2b9bced6602045ec8d13543977904.png

I do not appreciate your unsubstantiated attempts at character-assassination. I have spent a significant amount of time discussing your ban which you continue to take no responsibility for and I hope that this brings the dispute to a close. 

Duke

Hi Malikov,

As the ban expired yesterday (was only 2-hours in the first place) there is no action required on this.

I will mark is as denied as your intention here was reprimand against Duke which will not be carried out.

If you have any questions or issues please contact me via Steam or Discord.

• Bot

Hi,

We are sorry to inform you that this UNBAN / UNMUTE APPEAL has been denied.

if you have enquiry's about the judgement of this APPEAL please do not hesistate to get in touch with a member of the Senior Staff Team ( one of the following; Head Administrator, Manager, Community Director, Management).

DENIED.

- Killzone Gaming Management