SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Fix startzones please

haydenn

Whoever thought making it so if you re-enter a start you get restarted has no clue what they are doing. This idea is so trash. WRs are unbeatable now (aircontrol). The zones on the server are so trash that you need to leave the start zone and re-enter to even get a good start. Please just revert the changes, the old system was completely terrible, but this is actually so unplayable. just revert it

3 hours ago, haydenn said:

Whoever thought making it so if you re-enter a start you get restarted has no clue what they are doing. This idea is so trash. WRs are unbeatable now (aircontrol). The zones on the server are so trash that you need to leave the start zone and re-enter to even get a good start. Please just revert the changes, the old system was completely terrible, but this is actually so unplayable. just revert it

It will not be reverted as it is necessary. No maps have been reported besides utopia which I fixed upon release. I asked all staff weeks ago to report any other maps that have issues.

You can't be serious right? I can name a few off the top of my head, surf_aircontrol,  surf_beyer bonus, surf_sexyarts, surf_methadone. So many maps are incorrectly zoned making their startzones cancer.

Back wall boost on prelude is another genuine one, you're not meant to hold +jump when hitting the trigger as everyone does so 90% of people think its broken.  (start zone has been recently moved forward so you can no longer wall boost at all)

Who/where is the right place to report non zoning related map issues @skyprah ? I do know of a few maps that have been inadvertently effected by zoning as well as plenty of maps with bonus's that have not been zoned at all (All 4 on kloaak) Also there is still heaps of 'cheated' times that need to be removed , should we report those at the same place as the map issues?

Also there is 3 problems I've found with start entry (The actual entry jump) where you cannot use crouch when jumping out of start zone, strafe more then 2-3 strafes within the start zone or entry with a u/s over a certain speed (which is easily obtained through a proper start jump), making it impossible to get the needed units to even complete the stage in some cases.

Edited by Sam|

• 6 months later...

The maps listed with incorrect zoning issue will be sorted very zoon, in terms of future issue you can either bring them straight to me in dms on discord (drk#6492) or you can make a ticket on discord under 
#support and it will be looked into and sorted out asap

• drk locked this topic